Thursday, April 14, 2011

European Shopping Trip to Paris Day 2

Don't forget our fabulous contest! See the previous post!

We had a good night's rest and today's itinerary includes a walking tour of some of the beautiful gardens and churches of Paris.


Our lovely guide, Eugenie, (middle in shearling) shared the history of Luxemburg gardens, one of my favs, and here are just a few reasons why...








Then to churches St Suplice & St Germain, the oldest church in Paris .. Almost 900 years old!






The rest of the day was spent shopping and strolling among the book and vintage sellers or "bouquiniste" on the banks of the Seine.


Could there be better scenery for shopping?


A lovely dinner in a beautiful restaurant, and these tired puppies are going sleep with smiles on our faces(but not on our feet!)



Location:Paris

6 comments:

  1. wow....that looks like SO much fun! I'm counting down the days until I get to do this trip in October with the Red Shed. It's a great preview of what's to come! OH BOY!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, it's all so beautiful! Daphne and I've been saying that we need to go! Can't wait to see more.

    Thanks for visiting the Shoppe, enjoyed chatting with you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! What gorgeous scenery!! I would be smiling from ear to ear as well. I would love to be there with you.
    Sigh!!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooooh How Fun!!! Love all the pics! One of these days, Deidra and I are "Hoppin on Board"!!
    Have a Great Time, and most important.....HAPPY JUNKIN!
    Cathy Aka Girls Gone Junkin

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love visiting Europe and seeing all of the so very old things ~ They awe me ~

    I love seeing your pictures of Paris !!

    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the picture of the gardens. Looks like a beautiful place full of history and great shopping.

    ReplyDelete