Saturday, January 26, 2013

Vintage Valentine Fabulous

It may seem weird for a shop owner, but I almost never buy anything for myself. Today I walked into Elsie Mae on Market in Mabank, TX, and fell in LOVE with this hand cut tin heart on a vintage cabinet door made by a total sweet "heart" Sherry Terry.


At first I thought I would put it on this shelf in my living room, but the size wasn't quite right..


So I moved it into my kitchen


And I love it there! I also thought I could tuck photos of my valentines..


(Hubby, Son, & Grandson).

Sherry cuts and grinds the vintage tin then turns them into beautiful art. Here is the inside heart, which I am bringing to the shop in Grapevine..


It will be there Monday! (Along with some smaller hearts hung on ribbon).


I HEART them! Nothing is better than handmade quality!
Valarie

1 comment:

  1. Aww, it looks awesome in your home! I am so glad for blogs, so that we could find out we were from the same lake area!
    Thank you for helping get the word out about our new shop, too!
    Lezlee

    ReplyDelete