Friday, February 4, 2011

Channeling Miss Mustard Seed

While basking in the great ice-in of 2011, I came across a great blog called Miss Mustard Seed. Marion shares fabulous tutorials on refinishing furniture, so I was quickly hooked! Turned out she was just about to have a contest called "Copy Me". I love it! One of her tutorials was a finish for a French chair. I loved the colors and textures and I just "happened" to have a french chair in the back of my car....
So I pulled the boots on and grabbed the chair....

I followed her instructions found HERE

And this is the result! I didn't have fabric to try to brave the slipcover (even if I could have gotten out, remember I live in Gun Barrel City, and the selection is "not that great" at Walmart). It's hard to tell in this photo, but....
There are great layers of color and texture within the finish. The entire chair is a fabulous French Blue-Gray that I have been trying to achieve for years, so Thanks, Marion!

I also tried her "secret recipe" for antiquing. I have my own secret recipe, but I'm always willing to try something new....

But what I really think.....
is that I have been.........
channeling Miss Mustard Seed.......
for a long...
long time.


We have just 3 spots left on our Paris Flea Market shopping trip in April! Click HERE for more details!

15 comments:

  1. great job on all your projects. nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! You have a lot of MMS in you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been a Miss Mustard Seed
    groupie for awhile and girl you did good! Yes I think you
    have had "the look" for quite awhile ~
    I am dying to try those color combinations ~
    You did good !

    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your projects turned out really great! Especially love the chair!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job, love those ice storms. One can get a lot of painting projects finished! Miss Mustard Seed
    is very inspirational. Have a nice weekend. sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found your blog from the MMS challenge. I live in Lewisville, we see you all soon! Can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What are you talking about girl? I've been trying to channel you!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those look great! You are one busy girl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes, I think so, too! I love the way the chair turned out and I cracked up that you had to get it out of your snowed-in car. That's commitment!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey girls...hope you have been stayin warm and cozy this past week! Me....I have a BAD CASE OF CABIN FEVER! Thank goodness, the sun today was a good cure!
    Love that chair, and love Miss Mustard Seed too!
    Happy Junkin...Cathy aka GGJ

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nice job on those re-dos. But I just have to add....doesn't everyone travel around with a chair in the back of their car?? LOL

    Xo

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Once a little girl at church said "who lives in the back of your car?" (Due to furniture and blankets)
    Valarie

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow I love your stuff

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and sending me your blog link. I love it here... and adding you to my lists of reads and I am your newest follower. I am new to Texas from Cali. How far is Grapvine from DFW area? God Bless you girls, hope to have you visit me again. You're welcome to me also. xoxo Nene :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I meant to say; "You are welcome to 'Follow' me at A Warriors Journey also." LOL... xoxo Nene :)

    ReplyDelete