Thursday, February 3, 2011

Red Shed Girl Iced In and goin a bit crazy.....


We don't get frozen into our homes in Texas very often, but this week is an exception! Our streets are solid ice and it has been so cold, it hasn't melted at all. School has been canceled all week, and I have been going just a bit stir crazy. So what does a Red Shed Girl do besides catching up on the blog-o-sphere? My choices were somewhat limited because it's too cold to paint in my garage, and I left my jewelry making supplies at the shop. So I am working with what I've got here....I am afraid I will soon be trying to figure out how to craft with cat hair.

Michele handed me a vintage velvet candy box the other day and said "do something with this"... So here we go... All vintage French papers and cards, including French love letters and angel graphics. Edged with vintage chenille..


This cross is dripping with vintage pearls & jewelry. I added more chenille on the edge and antique French book pages on the back...
I added about 10 items (including those above, since we can't get into the shop) to our ETSY Store : OhPardonMyFrench

Altered a couple of little candles with French love letters (getting the idea of what I have at home? paper & chenille...)

Made some Paris tags for a project, unfortunately the rest of the pieces are iced in at the shop..

and dozens of burlap roses for a project to be determined later...a perfect cold day activity, except my kitchen, computer, and person are now covered in burlap dust and threads.........

To be continued.................



5 comments:

  1. You are totally making me
    smile because I have been
    iced in too and have been
    making roses and ruffling
    my world ~ Before long
    the dogs are going to have
    ruffled tutus !!

    I love what you did with
    the heart!!
    Just gorgeous!

    xoxo
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm right there with you - also iced in and going a bit crazy. I was overjoyed that the ground hog didn't see his shadow. Bring on Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you create with burlap dust and strings!
    I LOVE the cross...may be stealing, I mean borrowing that idea. Oh who am I kidding...I'm too lazy to do anything except eat!
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  4. P.S. It could be worse. You could be stuck inside with a Cat Daddy who thinks you are his work crew!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG will it ever end, managed to drive yesterday for groceries. I want to go junking. Okay you have just inspired me to play with all my goodies in my studio. Too cold to fire up the torch...now is the time for scissors,paper,and fiber! I love the heart and just learned you have an Etsy shop..Yeah! Beware of melting and falling Ice!

    ReplyDelete